Sunday 13 November 2011

Countdown to Brighton 10k, planking and press ups!

My running and blogging have been a little sporadic recently...I have several good excuses for this lack of communication....
1, I have been recovering from a marathon (according to Steve, apparently I can use this excuse for as long as I need to).
2, I'm back at uni and juggling commuting, deadlines, a dissertation, a child and a job!
3, I've been a bit lost in post-marathon-ness not having a serious goal.

There will be racing again next week as I have a place to run the Brighton 10k on Sunday and I'm feeling anxious about it. The longest run I've done since Loch Ness was 5 miles! On Tuesday Steve, dragged me out suggesting I should really try a 10k before Brighton. We ran at 5:30pm, running at the end of the day is never my favourite thing, but it was a good run and I did surprisingly manage to complete 6 miles. Since then I've run another 2, 6 and 4 miles.


Somehow, I've also joined the '10 Press Up November' bunch on twitter and am making some lovely new supportive friends. All is required is 10 manly press ups, no girlie ones allowed! I've also started doing a plank a day. this is indeed my biggest challenge yet. It really doesn't sound much but holding a plank for 1 minute is really hard and there is much shaking and sweating! Hopefully it will do the job and strengthen my floppy core!

2 comments:

  1. Hi :-)

    this is great. i am only just learning twitter and now it seems everyone is blogging???? whatever that is. keep up with the pressups and the plank. you doing great. enjoy brighton 10k, i look foward to reading about it. Denis aka Rugged Radnage on twitter ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tried a min of plank - why is it that you shake more when you watch the clock?! 10 push ups a day sounds more achieveable than the 100 press ups build up - might start up myself.
    Good Luck for your 10K!

    ReplyDelete