Saturday 18 June 2011

Wet, wet, wet :Day 18

Marti Pellow (from Wet, Wet Wet for those of you too young to know) has kindly rewritten his song 'Love is all around' as an ode to my very wet 13.1 mile run today. Here is the original for the nostalgic or people who have nothing to do :o) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQQ6SfPZggw

We've named it
Rain is all around

I feel it in my trainers
Its running down my nose
The rain is all around me
And the wind it blows

It's written on the forecast
There’s really no escape
So if you’re really running
Come on and let’s not be late

You know I’m running, I always will
You can tell I’m getting  tired  and
Have a pain in my heel
We’ve left the beginning
We’re nearly at the end
'Cause on my run there’ll be no end

I see the table of doom  before me
As I set out to run
I kinda get to thinking
The motivations gone

I promised I would run
Every single day
I need to keep my totals
Going my way, oh yes I do...

You know, I love running, I always will
You can see the proof by the
Way my feet peel
There's a black toe nail
A blister or two
‘Cause I love running and my feel will (eventually) mend

Got to keep it movin'
Ooh, it's written in the wind
Oh, even if I want to stay home
So if you really love running
Come on and Juneathon

Miles: 13.1 (just had to make it up to .10) 

Total miles:88
Exams left:2
Geeky stats charts:1



3 comments:

  1. Lol. I wonder if he'd record it too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!
    We just need Bill Nighy to make it into a music video for juneathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashie and Nicey say "Fantabulous, poptastic sounds right here on the Juneathon Radio Fab FM"

    ReplyDelete