Thursday 30 June 2011

I ran it my way: Day 30

And now the end is here
And so I cross the finish line
My friend I'll say it clear
I'll state my case of which I'm certain

I've run a month that's full
I’ve run each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I ran it my way

Regrets I've had a few
Running a mile rather than 2
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without ibuprofen

I planned each running route
Each careful step along the trail way
And more, much more than this
I ran it my way

Yes there were times I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I laced my shoes up and ran it out, I ran it all
And I stood tall and did it my way

I've ached, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, of muscle soreness
And now as tears subside
I’m sad it’s over

To think I did all that
And may I say not in a bad way
Oh no, oh no, not me
I ran it my way





Thank you everyone who's put up with my boring posts and your lovely comments. It's been a great month and I've loved every moment, I may not be Paula Radcliffe or Rosie Swale-Pope, but I ran it my  way, I'm off to buy a cake  :oD


Miles today:3
Total miles:166
Average daily mileage:5.53
Standard deviation:3.7
Exams taken:6

11 comments:

  1. Excellent, well done Jo :) You're a star *****

    ReplyDelete
  2. and what a wonderful way it was! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! It's so sad when it's all over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Congratulations on finishing on and on great mileage, impressive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo hoo! I hate goodbyes (ew, especially the ones that are sung, ha hah ha!). Speaking of cake, my sister, who is in Leeds right now for a conference (her first time ever to UK, oh why couldn't it have been ME?!?) is going to bring me back some Jaffa Cakes!!! So I can see what all the fuss is about :-) There's a reason for me to keep in touch... I will have to report to you if I thought they were good or gross, HA!

    GOOD JOB on Juneathon! Maybe you will be my goal for Janathon... you're in, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great way to end - well done on your impressive mileage! :)

    ps Your blogs were never boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never boring... always enjoyable... loved the 'covers'! Well done and hope to see you hanging around in the blogspots and twitter worlds!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your way or any other way that was an impressive Juneathon. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very funny final blog, don’t worry about being Paula or Rosie, you’re far funnier! Hopefully I’ll see you for Janathon?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant blog as always. Well done great mileage. Hope you nailed it for the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boring posts my a*#%! They've been inspired!

    ReplyDelete