Sunday 26 June 2011

Jerusathon: Day 26athon

An athletic version of Jerusathon describing our 8k trail run in Brighton: (NB, there really were students raving in the woods)


And did those feet on Sunday morn
Run upon Brighton's hills and trails
And was Ian and Jo and Steve
On Stanmers pleasant pastures seen



And did the radiance of the run
Shine forth from our sweaty brow
And was our first 8k run here
Among those students raving in the woods



Bring me my bottle of pure water
Bring me my 1000 mile socks new
Bring me my skort and let it unfold
Bring me my garmin charged and ready



I will not cease from mental fight
Nor shall my legs sleep on the hills
'Til we have climbed up Stanmer Park
In Sussex's green and pleasant land
'Til we have bagged a good PB
And collected our bag of freebies



Miles:4.8
Total Juneathoning miles run everyday!: 134.8



5 comments:

  1. Bravo *stands up* bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hooo that made my heart swell!! Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice version of an old favourite.
    When I was at Sussex there was a rugby song we used to sing, one line of which went - "It's not so much for the S-U-S it's more for the S-E-X. Do you sing that one still?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one Jo! And that mileage is ticking along for a definate top 10 finish on the table of doom!

    ReplyDelete