Sunday 29 December 2013

Getting back on the North Downs Way

Yesterday we jumped back into the 'training' thing, by running from Reigate to Box Hill. It was very hilly, it involved jumping over huge fallen trees, climbing under trees and sliding through miles and miles of thick muddy mud. It was bit like a Military Fitness race, but with slightly less military and probably more mud! It was brilliant fun and I loved every moment!

 So in order to recover properly from this self inflicted onslaught, we went to the pub with the neighbours this was to ensure we were hydrated (fruit based for me, hop based for Steve) and refuelled (turkey and salmon) following our run.

Consequently today my body thinks it's run a marathon, in fact it was pretty close to my fastest marathon in running time if not distance!

After a very late night, we got up late and went to the bike shop (which is a bit like going for a bike ride, isn't it?). I got some new 'proper' cycling gloves, looks like I can ditch my primark pair hurrah!

I wasn't sure if I would be able to cycle as my legs were pretty tired, but we managed to hammer out a quick 10 mile ride off road. Legs loosened, glass of wine and cheese and biscuits earned!

I'm looking forward to starting Janathon in two days! Bring on the madness, washing, aches, hunger and hopefully fitness!



No comments:

Post a Comment