Thursday 2 January 2014

The curious incident of the bike in the dining room: Day 2

A strange phenomenon has occurred in our house.... I think I saw the teenager on our new exercise bike! In fact, yes, I did... AND we can hardly get her off it. She's cycled a total distance of 12 miles in the last two days! What an effort- I have promised that if she exercises every day in January she will get a treat (maybe we'll get her out on a parkrun as well).

In order to keep up with the 'fit teen', I ran 5 miles, puddle jumping again and cycled 6 miles (well it's just sitting down isn't it?).
Me on the bike!

Miles run: 5
Miles cycled:6
Total run miles: 8
Total bike miles: 12
Teens seen exercising: 1

7 comments:

  1. You're doing well. I have a tween who will volunteer at parkrun but has lost the love of running after getting his 10 shirt. I borrowed his trainers to wear during my run today though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done - and for getting Amy on the bike - Danni's doing some exercise too - although she describes squats as "slut drops" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 11 miles on a week day is a pretty impressive mileage - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous that you're offspring is catching the fitness bug! Oh, & it's good to see you at it again, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, sorry about the delete. It's been so long since I used Blogger, my profile must have been deleted? I wasn't sure you'd know who I was, so I reposted ;-)

    ReplyDelete