Saturday 4 January 2014

Gone with the wind: Day 4


Laying in bed at 7am*, all you could hear was rain and a strong wind buffeting the house. There was a bit of a debate on twitter about who actually needed to run today and who didn't- those that didn't were clearly feeling very smug after looking out of their window. Reminded by my (non Janathon participant)  partner, I had no choice, we had to run!

We ran plodded a very wet, windy and muddy 10 miler out on our local trail. We did stop for a quick game of pooh sticks at a bridge, the water was flowing so fast that it was a no go, the sticks, logs and branches just never made it under the bridge! Thanks to the new Salomon gore tex shoes, our feet stayed dry and toasty warm. Thanks to my buff my ears stayed warm and dry out of the wind, even if I did look a bit like a pink ninja with it pulled up over my head! Thanks to the Janathon challenge we got out and moved about a bit-otherwise we might still be in bed!

Miles run today: 10
Mince pies eaten: 3
Bike miles: You're having a laugh aren't you?

*I have not yet entered the pj-plank photo competition as my christmas pjs are in the wash and I have a note from my Mum!

3 comments:

  1. There is not 'note from my Mum' clause, sorry. Photos please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were awake at 7am? blimey that doesn't happen at the weekends until it gets light - which would appear to be about 9am down South! Well done on your 10 miles though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pink ninja - hahaha! I applaud your sterling efforts, 10 miles in the rain?! It was gloriously sunny in Aberdeen today!

    ReplyDelete