Monday 13 January 2014

The Hitchhikers Guide to Recovery: Janathon Day 13

I thought long and hard about how best to complete today's recovery Janathon efforts.

Could I count getting out of bed?

Could I count making it downstairs with out falling over?

Could I count getting my compression socks on without help?

Could I count thumbing a lift to work?

Could I count doing outside duty in the rain?

Could I count eating copious amounts of food in response to my runger*?

Could I count those stretches I did whilst hiding in the cupboard at lunchtime?

Could I count the all the walking around I did during the day?

Could I count the way I had to haul myself up from sitting?

Of course not, that's slacking!


3 miles cycled
2 miles run
Recovery well and truly done!


*Runger a term used to describe the terrible hunger felt after a very long long run, not to be confused with the 'runchies' a similar state which demands snacking type activity.

3 comments:

  1. Why are you doing your stretches hiding in a cupboard - I do mine at the coffee machine, the photocopier and the filing cabinets - far more entertaining! Well done on your recovery exercise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. runchies haha - definitely added to my vocabulary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love runger and runchies - what great words. I definitely had both yesterday!

    ReplyDelete