Tuesday 19 March 2013

Tour-run-ism :City Jogging Tours

Last Saturday I caught the train to London town to meet up with fellow running bloggers Carla Louise Rachel Alma and Lorraine . Carla had organised for us to join a City Jogging Tour through some of London's Royal Parks. The last time I ran through London's Royal Parks I was dressed as a banana in the Royal Parks Half Marathon, so I was looking forward to running in slightly a more incognito outfit! To add to the excitement, the nice people at New Balance had sent us all a pair of new running shoes to 'test'.

Huge pelican!
 We met up at St James' park tube at a civilised 11am! Carla and Louise had been particularly hardcore and 'parkrunned'* before hand! Alma, Rachel and I had enjoyed the walk from Victoria station to St James' underground.

Amy our 'running guide' informed us that we'd be heading off at an easy pace, nice and relaxed. We were a bunch of random runners, all with different preferred paces, so it was great that every so often we stopped to look at some point of interest where Amy gave us some gems of information into London's unique history and we could reassemble as a group.


I think one of the highlights for me was seeing the pelicans in St James' park, I have a bit of bird phobia, so I was glad when we were well past them!!

Amy our legendary guide!
I really enjoyed my tour-run-ism of London, it was great to meet up with fellow runners, and enjoy some of the sights and sounds of London on a Saturday morning! At the end of our run Amy, the tour guide gave us all a cereal bar and a free new balance t-shirt. All in all a great way to spend a relaxed Saturday morning!
Rachel, Louise and Alma.

3 comments:

  1. It was great to meet you - would have been hilarious if you'd turned up in a banana outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sure was fun! thanks for the company x

    ReplyDelete